Smile Design means designing any changes that you would like to make to your smile, the effect of which would be to improve your self-confidence and lifestyle.
This can involve filling of gaps left by missing teeth, improving the shape of your teeth, changing the position of your teeth and improving the appearance of your teeth.
Sometimes the changes can be very small in functional terms and yet have a profound effect on your appearance
- Some smile designs only require Porcelain Veneers
- Other smile designs will require a combination of Porcelain Veneers and Porcelain Crowns. Porcelain crowns are chosen when teeth are weak such as endodontically treated teeth or teeth will large old restorations (like large old crowns).
- Sometimes teeth are missing in the smile zone. This then required either a porcelain bridge with an ovate pontic or an implant with a Porcelain crown.
- Multiple missing anterior teeth may require multiple implants or an implant supported denture to make the completed smile designs.
- If too much gum tissue is showing or the gums are uneven when the individual smiles, then a "gum lift" is done with lasers to reduce the amount of gum showing.
- If only a few teeth are veneered, then the other teeth are whitened before the smile design is completed. This makes sure that the smile is enhanced and brightened.